Membership to the Pacific Southwest Chapter is a privilege extended to those actively engaged in television who make direct contributions to the industry. This would include executives, producers, performers, announcers, newscasters, technicians, writers, directors, artists, designers, photographers and editors, among others. Active (voting) members must have been engaged in the profession of television for at least one year to be approved by the Membership Committee. Members of the Pacific Southwest Chapter include:
Commercial Television Station Personnel (Except Performers)
Public Television and Academia
Cable and Satellite Television Personnel
Independent Producers, Advertising and Public Relations Personnel
Performers and Agents
Members are entitled to certain benefits:
Significantly reduced price on entry fees for the annual Emmy Awards.
- Access to the National Job Bank, where you can post a confidential “situation wanted” notice, or browse through hundreds of TV job listings from around the country. (www.emmyonline.org)
- Free or reduced admission to all Chapter events
- Regional electronic newsletter “Emmy E-news” with information on Chapter programs and events.
- Eligibility for health insurance and long-term care through the National organization.
- Eligibility for free membership and discounts through Wild at Work.
- Automatic membership in the National NATAS organization
Student Membership is offered to those enrolled in accredited telecommunications courses at area high schools, colleges or universities.
- Professional Membership, New: $85
- Professional Membership, Renewal: $60
- Student Membership: $20